Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Reinforced POCOs at 2DWM-2

I log in and notice the Instrumental site is still in the system. Someone was mentioning yesterday in the corp channel about cleaning the sleepers from the site, so I wonder if that did happen and if there is at least the cheap C-540. Sometimes, some of my colleagues don't consider worthy their time and effort to suck that one, compared with the C-320.

I warp to the site, and confirm there are no sleepers, and still plenty of C-320. Time for Venture fleet!

I grab both ventures and I warp to the site and without hesitation, I start to harvest the gas meanwhile I watch d-scan.

A few minutes later, silent terror logs in and confirms there are new signatures in the system, and suddenly, sleepers show up in my gas site. What? I thought they were gone!

Silent terror explains me that they "return home" after downtime, so even if the site was triggered, as it was yesterday, it's like a fresh site. A new thingy learnt, and always learning. This is EVE.

So, I warp squad the ventures back to the tower, and I get Kippel into the cheetah and start to help Silent to locate the new signatures.

Besides the new static C4, we have a null inbound (2DWM-2). I jump in, and I see at least two POCOs are reinforced and their timers will end in about 2-3 hours. The locals are aware, and greet me in the channel.

Aleks Cave > Kippel Turing 0/
Kippel Turing > hey, what's up
Aleks Cave > how is wh life?
Kippel Turing > hard man

Kippel Turing > yours?
Aleks Cave > i see
Aleks Cave > some cool thxs
Kippel Turing > reinforcing pocos?
Aleks Cave > yupi
Aleks Cave > wanna help?
Kippel Turing > heh
Kippel Turing > and get shoot for free?
Aleks Cave > not so hard we are friendly dude
Aleks Cave > wow so many of you
Kippel Turing > Where?
Aleks Cave > here LOL
Kippel Turing > LOL
Kippel Turing > nah, we will let you have fun with those pocos
Kippel Turing > let me try something
Kippel Turing > do you want to pay for POCO-bashing permit? :D
Aleks Cave > one to reinforce for 50k
Aleks Cave > d u have any dreads
Aleks Cave > ???
Kippel Turing > If you do some research you could know
Kippel Turing > but for 50M I will let you know
 
I figured it later, that zKillboard was down, so probably they haven't seen how many capitals we have lost in the last weekend, and they may still be worried we jump on them meanwhile they are bashing the POCOs.

I return to the wormhole as there is nothing to do in the null system, and even less with several locals watching. Silent is finishing to scan the chain and I take a break, perhaps when  the reinforcement timer runs out we could have some fun.

Two hours later, I come back to see if there are new developments, and my timing was more tan appropriated, as around 10 minutes later:
Wrathhammer > ok, no one go to null
Wrathhammer > might get lucky
Kippel Turing > poco-bashing party there?
Wrathhammer > rolling fleet
Wrathhammer has already a cloaked carrier (besides other ships) in the null side, and the plan is to roll the wormhole and close it behind if they bring a capital to reduce the mass.

The locals bring a dominix and jump in and out, once and another ... but no capital. There is a Rorqual in their system, but we doubt they would use it. Also Wrathhammer is taking a high risk as if they roll the hole faster than he can react, he could get stuck with his Archon in the null system.

We start to get impatient, another Dominix and a Maller, and again they jump in and out. At this pace it can take ages to roll a C5.

We get sick of waiting, and Wrathhammer gives the other to warp to null. I grab my hurricane and warp there.


I jump into null, and my colleagues had already started. The Dominix is polarized and can't jump back into our wormhole and we have bubbled that side. The owner of the Dominix is the previous local that greeted me two hours ago when I first visited the system. Probably he's not that happy now to see us.

We quickly get him into armor damage and Wrathhammer gives us the signal to hold fire, it's ransom time. I stop my guns but keep my ECM drones and webs on the target.



Wrathhammer > 250mil u can go
Wrathhammer > or ship and pod gets it
Wrathhammer > send to me u have 40 seconds
Aleks Cave > o!o
Wrathhammer > you now have 20 seconds
Aleks Cave > o!o
 
 

 With such reply, you may guess the outcome... a dominix going boom and a free ticket to highsec:



It's a pity nobody else came to help Aleks, as we could have had some good fights, In any case, I can't agree more with...
 Wrathhammer > well then finally some green on kb
 And back to home...

 









No comments:

Post a Comment