Monday, May 26, 2014

Sucking some gas

Sunday afternoon, the chain I scanned yesterday it's gone, perhaps rolled. There's nobody at home, and there are new sigs, so I get Kippel and his cheetah to start scanning.

I find the C4 static as expected, the deadly data site, two crappy gas sites, and voila! an Instrumental gas site. That's the best gas site you can find, with lots of sweet C-320 and some C-540.

I finish scanning all the sigs, and jump to C4, I want to be sure there's no activity there if I want to start getting that gas. C4 looks inactive, good. Time to swap ships and get into ventures.

Before triggering the site, I broadcast through our jabber that I found the Instrumental in case anybody wants to join. I think it's kinda rude to trigger the site without giving the chance to my corp colleagues to share the good gas.

I don't get any reply, so I fleet warp my pair of ventures and start to suck. After 2 minutes in the site, Omaristos and Aymala show in and join the fleet in response to my ping.








After the bad experience from Friday evening, and knowing the hostile force may still inside the system, I can't stop spamming the scan button in the directional scan. Undesired visitors may show up in any instant.


And it happened, according to my logs, 10 minutes later since I started harvesting gas, a good bunch of Sister Combat probes show in my directional scan. I quickly warn the fleet channel and warp the squad to our tower.


Even if the four ventures are quite distanced from each other as we are orbiting the gas cloud, and in my case as you may see above with a warp core stabilizer fitted, I am not willing to take the risk to lose my sweet gas, and perhaps my pod. Like it happened the last time, finding myself and my alt with a new clone.

Finally the hunter shows in dscan, a Proteus, with a different name than Friday's team, so perhaps it's a different player that came from C4.

Whatever, I got about 19M per Venture and safe and sound. And it's only 960M left to replace my previous Loki.



No comments:

Post a Comment