Monday, June 2, 2014

Claiming territory

In w-space you always have the risk to have "visitors", and visitors that sometimes they are not just passing by, but they want to stay in your system, and they bring  their furniture, stuff and often friends with them.

Often the goal is just evict you, to keep the system for themselves, or just to get rid you out of the system because they have a contract, they don't like you or they think you got shinies in your hangars. I have been there and in both sides, and two of those examples you can read here.

And that is partially the reason for this post.

I start scanning and I find the static C4, it's inactive, nothing interesting in dscan. I continue scanning through the bunch of signatures and I find a C3. After resolving all the signatures, I decide to jump into the C3.


As always, meanwhile I hold cloak, I check dscan to see if they are ships in range and my surprise is the number of towers.


Those are a lot of towers!



I warp to some of the moons and I confirm all the moons in the system have been "locked" with a Minmatar Control Tower Small and all of them belong to same corporation.

That's is pretty smart (and paranoid), because if any hostile force tries to invade the system, they won't be able to surprise the locals, because in order to setup a new tower they would need to bash any of those and that would trigger notifications to the locals.

Clearly these guys have claimed this system for themselves!

In this system there is only one tower online, and that's their main POS, and it didn't disappointment me, fitted and surrounded to match the style of the system. Nicely bubbled.


There is nobody at home, and the static connection is a boring null, so I leave the system wondering if this setup has been the outcome of previous bad experiences.



2 comments:

  1. Im sure theres plenty you can write about us :DDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And indeed I did it ;)

      Check it out here:

      http://chuckturing.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/whos-chuck-turing-his-history-up-to-day.html

      Delete