Wednesday, August 27, 2014

You wanted an U574? Take some!

Sunday afternoon, time to see what EVE will provide today.

As starters, our C4 static is gone, so I get my alt Kippel with his cheetah and send it to scan. It doesn't take long to find it. I warp to the signature and jump into.

As always, first thing do to, check dscan, nothing, so lets see what we can find in this hole. A quick look shows 24 signatures! This is going to be a long while scanning.

I deploy my Sister Probes and start scanning, some gas.... and a weak signal of a wormhole, perhaps it's the static of this system, an U574 (C6). I continue focusing on that signal and I resolve it, yes, the static, I add a bookmark and continue scanning.

Further scanning shows another U574, and another, and another, WTF?! It seems this is a bugged C4, and it's not the first time it happens according to my corp colleagues. This C4 system is connected to a lot of C6 systems so it becomes like hub for them.

C4 with bugged static

There are still a lot of signatures to resolve and as we continue scanning, we keep finding more. So far, I only have seen activity in one wormhole and an Anathema cloaking at J144420. I wait a few minutes and I decide to take a look into that system again to see what kind of activity - if any - is there.

That was not the smartest move, just after I jumped into the system I found hostiles, and without thinking too much I jumped back. I did exactly what they expected I'd do, because in the other system (C4) there was a Phobos with a bubble up and several ships, so with the same reflex action I jumped back into the C6. And surprise, another Phobos bubbling up. Flying a Cheetah I should be able to try to escape cloaked but for some reason, I screw up cloaking or I got locked really fast by the interceptor.



Overheating my afterburner was useless, and the result was obvious: Cheetah and pod boom. BOBAS guys did a good job there applying the usual trap.

With Kippel stuck in highsec, and with the help of Mick, we continue scanning the rest of the chain, with more and more C6 connections, and traffic in the C4 system, sometimes a scout, sometimes a tengu, sometimes battleships rolling a C6, etc.

As soon the connections grow in siggy, James and Omaristos join the search for targets, being James who detects a possible victim from c6m. A Tengu has jumped from c6m to C4 and started to scan. We spread ourselves to watch for connections to try to catch the Tengu, but at the end, we were not lucky after a long wait. So we returned home.

At the end of the day, we found 14 U574 systems connected to the C4, from c6a to c6n. We did not have all of them in siggy because several of them were rolled and closed, but this image provides a good idea how it was.




No comments:

Post a Comment