Sunday, November 2, 2014

One year

I realized yesterday I joined Wormhole Engineers one year ago.

One year ago I was in an uncomfortable situation, my wormhole corp (Border Deepspace), that was dying from lack of activity, was finally evicted from our C2 and throw out to highsec without a clear path, at least from my point of view. Full details can be read in this post.

In hindsight, I can say I don’t regret at all my decision, and the funny thing is my old previous corp did end asking for joining our alliance, and later merging into WHEN, so I got back my old friends.

WHEN (Wormhole Engineers) it’s a special corp - probably all them are - but at WHEN, the more crazy we do, the more we laugh. There is not any nonsense about killboard reputation or similar, and the only goal is to have fun (even if it looks it’s going to south) like this battle report against an ISKBoxer fleet of proteus versus us with T1 ships, in which by the way we got down a nearly 1B proteus.

In this corp, people are not selfish, they would risk their ships to help you, they would invest their time to fly with you even if it’s a clearly whelp op, and if you add ST (Silent Terror) in the formula, anything can happen.

I have lost some ships flying with ST, but I don’t regret a single time I have done it, because he has delivered the crazy content that makes fun this corp. In the other hand, I learn a lot when Mick is FC’ing, because his calm attitude, even when things are hot. I still remember that occasion when we tried to roll our static and we got attacked in both sides.  Mick managed to handle the situation perfectly without losing a ship (with orcas in the middle) and without any sign of pressure or stress. In the future, as soon I feel myself able, I’d like to start FC’ing small fleets, I am sure it’s a great experience.

Besides improving my subcap skills and getting Kippel into the capital path (he’s able to fly a Dread now) I also enjoyed providing IT support to the corp. Those IT services cover from a Jabber server, that helped to ping colleagues for action or for support tasks; Mumble and now TeamSpeak server, in a private server; and, a forum, not used too much, but it’s there.

Probably, the best thing at WHEN, are the people, not a single one of them is a jerk, all of them are different, but good pilots, and I enjoy alot sharing my time with them and learning from them!

I clearly see myself in this corp for another year… and I'd recommend anyone to try it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment