Sunday, November 2, 2014

Blogging is hard

I always wanted to blog about my experiences in EVE, that's the reason why in April I did create this blog, and in my first entry,  I tried to sum-up my past. During some months I did enjoy writing about interesting stuff that happened, taking screenshots when I saw good opportunities to write good stories, but after some months, that excitement seems to have been evaporated.

It's not good stuff has not happened. It's that has happened suddenly and I was not taken notes or good pictures, and later, spending time to remember all the details and write something that could be worthy to read is kinda a lot of work and not something I would call "fun". And at the end of the day, I am here to have fun!

Probably, the key to be a good blogger is to enjoy writing as much as flying ships, and obviously having the right skills. Probably a good blogger (basically, someone who blogs nonstop good content, not like myself) would blog about anything with the same pace, because at the end, writing is a skill independent of the type of content you write about. Having said this, I am completely sure, even for them it takes a lot of time and effort to deliver what they do.

I admire Penny (Tiger Ears) for the amount of detail she can provide in each of her posts, sometimes I wonder if she has an assistant to take notes meanwhile she fights and takes good screenshots!

Another one is Von Keigai (Deep in EVE), another wormholer who writes pretty often, and with lots of detail, and sometimes interesting reflections on w-space changes.

Obviously, there are out there tons of good bloggers, but those two, represent to me what I'd like this blog to be.

I will continue trying to find that "strength" to write, as you only improve by doing, but don't expect to find lots of content here :)


No comments:

Post a Comment